Mother of Thousands Kalanchoe (4 inch)
- We guarantee plant’s safe arrival otherwise we will refund or send you a replacement plant
- Mother of Thousands is a curious plant that forms tiny plantlets on the edges of its leaves. It is also known as alligator plant or devil’s backbone. From Madagascar, the Mother of Thousands is a succulent that doesn’t require frequent watering to grow.
- Keep this plant in an area where it will receive plenty of bright sunlight, but too much time in the sun can cause sunburned leaves. With many plantlets, it’s easy to grow multiple plants from the mother. Some even view it as a pest for how quickly the plant can spread by dropping plantlets.
- Kalanchoes are not particularly hard to grow, and the flowering varieties are highly rewarding for their colorful and long-lasting flowers. They prefer bright, sunny locations, especially in the summer growing season.
- During the winter, consider a south-facing window. Water moderately throughout the summer and reduce watering in the winter. Let the soil surface dry out between waterings, and in the winter, the plant can almost dry out.
Mother of thousands, Kalanchoe x houghtonii is a hybrid of Kalanchoe daigremontiana and Kalanchoe delagoensis, and it can be identified by the V-shaped leaved. It is a biennial erect, unbranching plant up to 30 inches (75 cm) tall. Leaves are arched, boat-shaped, fleshy, tricorncred, and emerald green to brownish-green in color, usually with purple splotches beneath and serrated margins. Plantlets are produced at the margins of leaves. Flowers are pendulous orange and pink in color. ABOUT PACKAGE: Your plant will be meticulously bubblewrapped and shipped in a sturdy box. Most 2″ plants are shipped in their original plastic pot with soil. Fragile and big 4″ plants are shipped bareroot to ensure their safety. When opening your package, some soil may be loose in the box. Plant orders are shipped within 3-5 days depending on availability of the plant. We ship our plants Monday through Friday, all twelve months of the year! If you need your order urgently, please message us so we can upgrade your shipping (additional cost applied). Here is our blog about the shipping process and packaging. We do not ship outside of the continental United States. *** We ship all year round, heat packs are available for purchase in the winter.